In this podcast, George & Rachel address depression, focusing on how we can better understand and deal with this debilitating mental and emotional state of being.
Here’s what was covered:
- [01:17] The stigma of depression.
- [04:00] Cultural habits of self-medicating.
- [06:40] The importance of balance in life.
- [11:02] Looking at what happens neurologically when we get depressed.
- [16:57] Why we become hypersensitive to painful situations.
- [18:00} How our brain sets up habitual patterns.
- [21:50] Nature does not want us to be numb.
- [28:12] Breaking the habit of feeling depressed.
- [32:00] Honouring our depression.
- [34:02] Being aware of those around us and being compassionate.
You may also want to listen to: